[linux-dvb] Adding ops to dvb_frontend_ops

Hi,

One week ago I wrote a mail "pid filtering in frontend" to this list, but
I got no answer, now I answer myself.

Again, shortly the problem: dib*-frontend drivers have a light pid filter
mechanism which can be reached via normal frontend registers. Due the
bandwidth limit in USB it has to be used.
To make the frontend more versatile, I put the filter-stuff now into the
frontend.

The question now, how does the usb driver (which manages the TS and demux
stuff) can use the pid filter ?

With the struct dvb_frontend_ops introduced with FE_REFACTORING a solution
would be to add the one or the other operation.

For the dibcom-frontends that would be activate/deactive a pid and
(de)activate the FIFO. I know that these operations will be empty for the
most frontend drivers, but at least the two I'm writing on
(dib3000mb/dib3000mc) would take benefit from it.

Is something like this possible? Or would the API change be to heavy?

Patrick.

--
  Mail: patrick.boettcher@desy.de