[linux-dvb] Re: Adding ops to dvb_frontend_ops

On Sat, 30 Oct 2004, Holger Waechtler wrote:

> Patrick Boettcher wrote:
>
> can't you set this up in the start_feed()/stop_feed() callbacks?

No, due a bug in the firmware of the USB1.1-device, the usb driver need to
handle some exceptions.

> I would prefer to postpone a generic solution in the API as long this is
> not a widely used architecture -- special hooks in the API for a single
> chipset only are not really a good idea.

OK, thanks for your help, I'll do it like you too proposed, exporting the
3 method for the 2 demods directly and using them in the dibusb-driver, it
is currently the easiest way.

thanks again,
Patrick.

--