[linux-dvb] Linux driver for Twinhan DVB-S 102x/103x, DVB-C 203x and DVB-T 30x0CI

Hi again,

I just received a message from Twinhan Austria, in person Martin Jussel
(CC).

He achieved that Twinhan released the source code of their Linux driver
for the cards mentioned in the subject.

It can be downloaded from here:
http://vaasa.wi-bw.tfh-wildau.de/~pboettch/twinhan/

They don't use the LinuxDVB API, but a self-made one. Interesting could be
the handling of the CI part, which seems also present in the driver
source. Martin told me, that Twinhan does not use the CI type (CI link
layer ??) like it is in use for the known cards, but a Twinhan-specific
one. Don't know how to handle this, I don't know much about CIs.

Having CI support for the Twinhan cards could be very interesting for some
of the DVB-T users, who want to receive encrypted channels via DVB-T.

Maybe the source will help to improve the current available LinuxTV
DVB driver for the Twinhan cards. If someone starts using the
Twinhan source for that, please announce it on this mailing list.

Of course the driver source is property of Twinhan.

best regards,
Patrick.

--
  Mail: patrick.boettcher@desy.de