[linux-dvb] Re: High level CA implementation..

Manu Abraham wrote:

Hi,
Can somebody explain me a little bit how a high level CA driver/system be implemented as per the V3 API ?
The current implementation is based on the Transport Level driver, whereas i'm looking at a higher level CA system, where most of the transport level functions are held in the ASIC, as in the case of the Twinhan card.

If somebody could give me an idea, that would be really helpful.

By setting slot->type to CA_CI_LINK you can implement your driver on the link layer interface if you want to do so. Take a look on Andrew's dvb_ca_en50221.c implementation used by the budget_ci driver, is your interface really on a higher level than the link layer?

Holger

Home | Main Index | Thread Index