[linux-dvb] file size..

I'm very new to dvb recording, please let me know if this info is elswhere.

I'm in Australia, and I recently purchased the dvico fusion hdtv lite.
 The file sizes I'm getting fromthe recordings are much arger than I
exptected..  On the non-HD chanels, its about 1.8G per 30 minutes,
with is about 7.2G per 2 hours.  I was under the impression that
non-hd dvb was abour equal to dvd compression, thus hoping that I
could simply convert dvb with projectx to be dvd complient..  This
does not appear to eb the case..

Is anyone else burning dvb as a DVD video?  What is the recomended
process/tool set?

mick

Home | Main Index | Thread Index