[linux-dvb] Re: Success at last: AverMedia DVB-T + FusionHDTVDVB-T Lite

[...]
> On Mon, 2004-11-01 at 23:39, Itai Tavor wrote:
> > On 01/11/2004, at 11:35 PM, <Malte.Grunwald@beb.de> wrote:
> > > yesterday I have tried
> > > + vanilla Linux 2.6.10.-rc1
> > > + second patchset from www.bytesex.org for the Linux 2.6.10.-rc1
> > > + kernel dvb-kernel cvs from Thursday evening.
> > > I still have the problem of a break every two seconds or so. I
> > > recorded some length of the film with vdr-1.3.12 -Pskincurses.
> > > Watching the recording shows the breakes in the recording.
>
> I had this problem when I switched from FC1 to Gentoo as my
> underlying OS. I realised last night that the reason was that
> my disk drive wasnt tuned properly. Have a (cautious) play
> with hdparm. Do you still get the jumps when using xine to
> watch dvb directly? I didnt and I assume its because it
> buffers in memory (tho i havent checked) rather than on disk.

[...]
Thank you for the hint. I have a quit small box (AMD K6/350) and
have installed softdevice - xine is not yet installed. I have the
jumps with watching TV over vdr+softdevice (vidix-driver). Since the box
is so small I am not quite shure, if it is a driver problem or
vdr/softdevice
running on the small box. That's why i recorded just with the
text-skin and checked the recording.
I can try to send the stream to an other faster computer to check the
live picture.

Thanks, Malte

Home | Main Index | Thread Index