[linux-dvb] Re: Maximum bit-rates for MHP

Hi Johannes,

js@linuxtv.org wrote on 03/11/2004 12:56:06:

> Rob.McConnell@Zarlink.Com wrote:
> >
> > What I
> > was trying to determine was whether or not each DSM-CC PID actually
follows
> > the ISO13818-1 spec for "systems data".  Here the upper limit it
1Mbit/s,
> > so do broadcasters actually follow this?  Are there any guidelines
above
> > this ISO spec that broadcasters follow I wonder?
>
> AFAIK DSM-CC data is not "systems data", and broadcasters are free
> to use as much bandwidth as they want (or can afford).

This is exactly what the BBC R&D person told me, even to the extent that SI
data (not PSI) is not classed as "systems data" (e.g. SDT).  However, I
came across a Softel MHP object carousel FAQ document that mentioned the
1Mbps limit for each OC stream.

As you say, it sounds open to interpretation by the broadcasters. ;^)

Cheers,

Rob : )

Home | Main Index | Thread Index