[linux-dvb] Re: Maximum bit-rates for MHP

Hi Rob,

I think You are some confused. The maximum bitrate of the carrousel is
conditioned by the maximum bit rate of the multiplex. The multiplex's
bitrate depends on the type of modulation and the dvb net where we are
transmiting our signal. In the case of DVB-T , for example, the
maximum bitrate is 24 Mb/s with a 64 QAM modulation. But, the
broadcaster can choice a diferent modulation to make a signal more
strong in front the noise. By this reason, each broadcast manage their
mux as they want, and doesn't exist a guidelines. In some countries
exists a regulation of how have to be the modulation parameters
(Italy, UK and Finland) to tramsmit digital tv.
Answering your second question the objects transmitted in the
transport stream not have a bit rate limited, only the limit for the
mux (and remeber that is manadatory send some SI).

I hope I had be able to help you,
Albert

On Tue, 2 Nov 2004 16:40:55 +0000, rob.mcconnell@zarlink.com
<rob.mcconnell@zarlink.com> wrote:

> Hi Folks,
>
> Does anyone know if there are guidelines for the maximum bit-rate that MHP
> can be transmitted using DSM-CC?  Both MHP and MHEG can be transmitted over
> DSM-CC using multiple PIDs.  Is there a maximum bit-rate limit per PID and
> an overall maximum bit-rate?
>
> TIA,
>
> Rob : )

Home | Main Index | Thread Index