[linux-dvb] Re: Maximum bit-rates for MHP

Hi Albert,

Albert Puig <albertpuig@gmail.com> wrote on 03/11/2004 10:41:05:

> Hi Rob,
>
> I think You are some confused. The maximum bitrate of the carrousel is
> conditioned by the maximum bit rate of the multiplex. The multiplex's
> bitrate depends on the type of modulation and the dvb net where we are
> transmiting our signal. In the case of DVB-T , for example, the
> maximum bitrate is 24 Mb/s with a 64 QAM modulation. But, the
> broadcaster can choice a diferent modulation to make a signal more
> strong in front the noise. By this reason, each broadcast manage their
> mux as they want, and doesn't exist a guidelines. In some countries
> exists a regulation of how have to be the modulation parameters
> (Italy, UK and Finland) to tramsmit digital tv.
> Answering your second question the objects transmitted in the
> transport stream not have a bit rate limited, only the limit for the
> mux (and remeber that is manadatory send some SI).
>
> I hope I had be able to help you,
> Albert

Thanks Albert.  I should have been more specific in my questioning.  What I
was trying to determine was whether or not each DSM-CC PID actually follows
the ISO13818-1 spec for "systems data".  Here the upper limit it 1Mbit/s,
so do broadcasters actually follow this?  Are there any guidelines above
this ISO spec that broadcasters follow I wonder?

Thanks,

Rob : )

Home | Main Index | Thread Index