[linux-dvb] Re: 802.11b/g+dvb

Hi,

I have a VCR with two DVB-S and a DWL 520+ and Kernel 2.4.21 / 2.6.5. It works
fine for me, the only thing is, that sometimes the DWL hangs for 5 to 30
seconds.

Regards,
Dirk Wellmann

Ihre Mail vom Thu, 4 Nov 2004 17:01:26+0100(Terry Lewis[Terry
Lewis<terry@kryogenic.co.uk>]):
> Hi all,
> Anyone ever experienced interference from their wireless card? Seems the
> problems I was having when running the latest SuSE 9.0 kernel wasn't actually
> a driver/kernel issue, but interference from my wireless card, which is kind
> of annoying :-/
>
> I had no idea devices of this type can and should interfere, but then being in
> the same machine they are very close together...
> Having experimented, the only solution I can think of is to make an extension
> cable for the wireless card's aerial so I can move the aerial away from the
> machine itself.
>
> Just wondered if anyone else has experienced these types of problems. Anyone
> with apparent reception problems and has a 802.11b/g card, should perhaps try
> disabling their wireless card and see what happens.
>
> --
> Regards,
> Terry Lewis

Home | Main Index | Thread Index