[linux-dvb] Re: CVS REFACTORING kernel oops

Hi,

On 05.11.2004 09:45, Martin Theodor Grewe wrote:
System: kernel 2.6.9, debian testing, cvs REFACTORING taken from yesterday evening.

I put the runvdr in /etc/inittab and an error in my config restarted the drivers and vdr for ages... after some hours an oops followed -
I just ran an endless loop loading and unloading the dvb-ttpci driver and all other modules without problems.

Do you have the firmware compiled into the driver or do you use dynamic firmware loading?

Hm... another thing:
Module-dependencies
dvb-core,stv0299,saa7146,i2c-core,saa7146_vv,ttpci-eeprom,ves1x93,crc32,sp8870,tda8083,ves1820,firmware_class

but lsmod said:
freeway:~# lsmod
Module Size Used by
dvb_ttpci 301777 1
dvb_core 68140 1 dvb_ttpci
ttpci_eeprom 2432 1 dvb_ttpci
stv0299 8836 1 dvb_ttpci
saa7146_vv 44032 1 dvb_ttpci
video_buf 16388 1 saa7146_vv
saa7146 14756 2 dvb_ttpci,saa7146_vv
v4l1_compat 12292 1 saa7146_vv
v4l2_common 4992 1 saa7146_vv
videodev 7168 1 saa7146_vv
ves1820 4996 1 dvb_ttpci
tda8083 5124 1 dvb_ttpci
sp8870 6412 1 dvb_ttpci
firmware_class 7424 2 dvb_ttpci,sp8870
crc32 4096 2 dvb_ttpci,dvb_core
ves1x93 5892 1 dvb_ttpci

Problem with "_" and "-" ???
In 2.6 _ and - are handled synonymously in module names.

Regards,
    Martin Grewe
CU
Michael.