[linux-dvb] skystar.c (Rev.1.46) still broken in CVS

At 16:17 04.11.2004, you wrote:

> I am not that much into it: Should I just copy over the file
> <http://linuxtv.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb.cgi/dvb-kernel/linux/drivers/media/dvb/b>2c2/skystar2.c?only_with_tag=OLD_11_HEAD_2004_10_28>skystar2.c with tag
> OLD_11_HEAD_2004_10_28 (which is Rev.1.42) into the already downloaded
> sources from yesterday's CVS, or should I use the whole dvb-kernel
> file-selection with that tag (no idea how to "downgrade" a whole
> cvs-checkout, I only used "cvs update -dP" until now).

No this will not work, you must downgrade completely.
cvs update -dP -r OLD_11_HEAD_2004_10_28
Still no idea, how to downgrade dvb-kernel from actual CVS to OLD_11_HEAD_2004_10_28 on kernel-2.6.8.1, it simply stops compiling with a lot of errors in skystar.c

In the meantime I reinstalled kernel-2.6.8.1 and used the dvb-kernel that comes with these sources. Everything is working now, so no more VDSB error and the SkyStar2 is fine too with that driver. The only issue is this message on boot (which was the reason I updated to the actual CVS in the first way):

"videodev: "av7110" has no release callback. Please fix your driver for proper sysfs support, see http://lwn.net/Articles/36850/";

I'd really like to use the refactored FE drivers, but the TechniSat SkyStar2 is definitely not working with skystar.c (Rev.1.46) -> no error output, but VDR immediately reports "ERROR: video data stream broken" followed by an emergency-exit, when the SkyStar2 is accessed.

Hopefully someone with the knowledge can take a look, what's the issue with it.

(Moved that reply over from the vdr-mailing-list with a new subject, as it has nothing to do with VDR, as initially thought)

--
Sincerely,
Master One

Home | Main Index | Thread Index