[linux-dvb] problem with multicast satellite network

Hi

I'm doing some testing trying to receive multicast network packets from EUTELSAT W1. I'm using linuxtv-dvb-1.1.1 with kernel 2.4.25, and a Hauppauge DVB-S budget card. The drivers work fine, and I can setup the network interface using dvbtune. I get lock, and all looks fine with the connection :

Getting frontend event
FE_STATUS: FE_HAS_SIGNAL FE_HAS_LOCK FE_HAS_CARRIER FE_HAS_VITERBI FE_HAS_SYNC
Event: Frequency: 11472728
SymbolRate: 33300000
FEC_inner: 2

Bit error rate: 65280
Signal strength: 40963
SNR: 55197
FE_STATUS: FE_HAS_SIGNAL FE_HAS_LOCK FE_HAS_CARRIER FE_HAS_VITERBI FE_HAS_SYNC

I can see the satellite and scan it for services, which all appears to work correctly. So then I setup the interface, giving it IP address and MAC address.

Then I run tcpdump on the interface, and see multicast packets for about ten seconds, then they stop. If I run dvbtune again they start again, then stop again, and so on.

Am I doing something wrong here ?

Best Wishes

Matt

Home | Main Index | Thread Index