[linux-dvb] Re: kernel: bt878(0): irq PPERR risc_pc=1ad5b188

On 05/11/2004, at 12:16 AM, Hamish Moffatt wrote:

On Thu, Nov 04, 2004 at 07:58:11PM +1100, Itai Tavor wrote:
Does anyone know what this is: kernel: bt878(0): irq PPERR
risc_pc=1ad5b188

My log is full of lines like that one, about one every 2-3 seconds,
with different numbers at the end of the line.

My system includes an AverMedia DVB-T and a Dvico FusionHDTV-T Lite,
with kernel 2.6.10-rc1, kernel V4L, and dvb-kernel CVS.
PPERR is a PCI bus parity error. That sounds pretty tragic to me.
What's your motherboard & chipset?

Hamish
Oh noooooo :( Brand new mobo, and it took me a week to find it, too...

Motherboard is ASUS A7V600-X, chipset is VIA KT600 / VIA VT8237. BIOS settings are very close to default, no overclocking. The CPU and all cards were moved over from an older motherboard just a couple of weeks ago (no problems on the old system).

BTW, I posted here because I thought the problem was related to my DVB cards, but if it's a general hardware problem, can you recommend a more suitable place to ask? Don't want to get too OT on this list.

Thanks, Itai

Home | Main Index | Thread Index