[linux-dvb] Re: Vicodin spam

Darren Wilkinson wrote:

My ISP email allows me to have (any name)@chipsugar.plus.com as any customer
is automatically set as webmaster for their email account. Because of this I
when I am asked for my email address I give them (site
name)@chipsugar.plus.com. If I get spam I then know the source. In forums or
mailing lists like this one it's not the same as knowing the culprit but
perhaps something could be done.

Here is the spam header.

And if you'd never posted to the list you wouldn't have got any spam.

http://www.google.com/search?q=%40chipsugar.plus.com&start=0&start=0&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&client=firefox-a&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official

But you have... so either someone has scraped crawled webpages and de "nospam" ed the address.... or more likely someones subscribed to a load of mailing lists to harvest addresses that come through....

I see that you have the header :-

x-open-relay: 213.215.153.90 is in a black list at
dnsbl-njabl-org.dnsbl.plus.net

In that email... so I can't quite work out why this is a problem for you... here you are showing us the header for an email that you have filtered and flagged as coming from a blacklisted server.

Such is life.

Home | Main Index | Thread Index