[linux-dvb] Re: Before I buy

Le mardi 16 novembre 2004 à 15:49 +0100, Andrea Venturi a écrit :

> there's a binary via drive for xine (vexp) and an ongoing community project:
>
>    http://unichrome.sourceforge.net/

Forget about vexp. (via extra xine problems...)

Since Sunday I have the unichrome driver working on my VIA Epia M10000
powered hush (no fan...). Fedora Core 3 with kernel DVB drivers etc. and
modified xorg 6.8.1. xine is rc 7 from the xine.org front page.

DVB-S is a Skystar 2 rev 2.6. I am running VDR 1.3.14 and VDR-xine 0.54
with the xxmc plugin. CPU is 10-15% while watching TV (BBC on BskyB).
That is _TOTAL_ CPU with VDR, xine, Xorg, Evolution, a shell or two
connected via ssh to a couple of mail servers, Firefox (for TV schedule
=:-D)... CPU peaks at 100% when spamassassin is busy cleaning the mail
box with NO DROPPED FRAMES!!!! Before I had to stop Evolution before
watching TV and CPU usage was 50-60%...

Having patched xine with VDR there is now a VDR button which means I can
zap back and forth between TV and DVD. DVD has same CPU usage of course
(LOTR Return of the King extras disk).

I waited a long time for this but WOW! it was worth it. I am working on
getting udev to play nice with DVB devices and lirc.

Cheers

Tony Grant

Home | Main Index | Thread Index