[linux-dvb] Re: strange firmware loading problem

hi
The card is ok., it works on a friend's Debian-system, and I'v also installed a vdr-distribution on an old harddisk, which also works. Ergo, the problem is my installation.

Any ideas, what to do? I'm really desperate!!
yes - most probably it is the recently update of the hotplug ebuild ... the location of firmware has changed. see /etc/hotplug/firmware.agent for setting
there is:
FIRMWARE_DIR=/lib/firmware
and the old location was:
FIRMWARE_DIR=/usr/lib/hotplug/firmware

so move the firmware to /lib/firmware or change the settings.

bye.

Home | Main Index | Thread Index