[linux-dvb] Re: strange firmware loading problem

thx for the hint, but this would be too easy, wouldn't it? ;-)
I've already put the firmware (dvb-ttpci-01.fw) in the following directories:
/lib/firmware
/lib/hotplug/firmware
/usr/lib/hotplug/firmware

so this cannot be the problem. I'also tried to downgrade hotplug. No effect,
same error:
--------
saa7146: register extension 'dvb'.
ACPI: PCI interrupt 0000:00:0c.0[A] -> GSI 5 (level, low) -> IRQ 5
saa7146: found saa7146 @ mem d1946000 (revision 1, irq 5) (0x13c2,0x0000).
DVB: registering new adapter (Siemens/Technotrend/Hauppauge PCI rev1.3).
probe_tuner: try to attach to Siemens/Technotrend/Hauppauge PCI rev1.3
drivers/media/dvb/frontends/stv0299.c: setup for tuner BSRU6, TDQB-S00x
DVB: registering frontend 0:0 (STV0299/TSA5059/SL1935 based)...
Siemens/Technotrend/Hauppauge PCI rev1.3 adapter 0 has MAC addr =
00:d0:5c:03:a3:e3
av7110_fw_request: timeout waiting for COMMAND to complete
av7110_fw_query error
DVB: AV7110-0: ERROR: Failed to boot firmware
---------

Another error message I found appears when I'm loading the cvs-driver:
(But everything is compiled "lege artis")
------------
bash-2.05b# ./insmod.sh debug
Inserting DVB modules (debug) into kernel
insmod: error inserting './dvb-ttpci.ko': -1 Unknown symbol in module

bash-2.05b# dmesg
[...]
Linux video capture interface: v1.00
dvb_ttpci: Unknown symbol release_firmware
dvb_ttpci: Unknown symbol request_firmware
[...]
------------
What else could I try? It can't be that this card simply stopped working with
my config. I also don't want to re-install my System (It would cost a week to
configure everything again...) and I don't want to change harddisks everytime
I want to watch TV....

Thanks, Ben

Am Donnerstag 18 November 2004 01:12 schrieb Manuel Hartl:
> hi
>
> > The card is ok., it works on a friend's Debian-system, and I'v also
> > installed a vdr-distribution on an old harddisk, which also works. Ergo,
> > the problem is my installation.
> >
> > Any ideas, what to do? I'm really desperate!!
>
> yes - most probably it is the recently update of the hotplug ebuild ...
> the location of firmware has changed. see /etc/hotplug/firmware.agent
> for setting
> there is:
> FIRMWARE_DIR=/lib/firmware
> and the old location was:
> FIRMWARE_DIR=/usr/lib/hotplug/firmware
>
> so move the firmware to /lib/firmware or change the settings.
>
> bye.

Home | Main Index | Thread Index