From: linux-dvb-bounce@linuxtv.org [mailto:linux-dvb-bounce@linuxtv.org]
On Behalf Of Andrew de Quincey
Sent: 21. marraskuuta 2004 19:42
To: linux-dvb@linuxtv.org
Cc: Johan Reidar Moe
Subject: [linux-dvb] Re: CAM with Skystar2

On Sunday 21 Nov 2004 15:53, Johan Reidar Moe wrote:
> Hi!
>
> If I get a Skystar2, could I then put a CAM in a regular pcmcia slot
and
> use it with the Skystar2? Or do I need to get a DVB-S card with a
built in
> Common Interface?

Nah - CAMs require the whole transport stream routed through them in
hardware
from the demodulator. They have a customised version of the PCMCIA
interface
for dealing with this.

You could probably plug one in and have it recognised as a PCMCIA card
(just
as you can actually plug a PCMCIA card into a CAM slot) but neither of
them
will work beyond that.

Home | Main Index | Thread Index