[linux-dvb] dvb-ttpci not smp safe [was: [linux-dvb-maintainer] [patch]2.6.10-rc2-mm3: DVB: philips_tdm1316l_config multiple definition]

Michael Hunold <hunold@linuxtv.org> writes:

>> BTW, like I said in some previous mail I think this "Big DVB update"
>> isn't ready for prime time yet. It breaks support for some
>> DVB cards (partially fixed in linuxtv.org CVS), so I think
>> this should not go into the mainline kernel now. IMHO it's better
>> to wait until 2.6.10 is out.
>> Michael: Do you think differently?
> Nope. But in my mail to Andrew and Linus I said that it shouldn't go
> into 2.6.10 yet, but instead get some testing in -mm.
> So Andrew, please hold this in -mm until we have fixed the remaining
> problems. I'll feed with you with update patches.

Will those updates fix the smp issues with dvb-ttpci ?
As I wrote before, i'm not in a position where i can fix it myself.
I read a lot of people had to move their dvb card to a single-cpu (non
ht one) because of the crashes.
at moment i can't buy another box neither can I offer the
dvb-mainteners a smp box.

Thanks for your work.