[linux-dvb] Re: Grabbing the whole transponder?

From: "Andrew de Quincey" <adq_dvb@lidskialf.net>
> If you're using a FF card, then I don't think you can get everything -
> I _think_ I remember people mentioning there is a bandwidth limit
> imposed by the onboard processor.

No, there is no bandwidth limit (AFAIK). You can set the "CAM bypass" bit
in the AV711x's TPP control register and it'll deliver the full transport
stream - but with the headers trashed and no (known) way to recover the PID
of each packet.

Without the "CAM bypass" bit, you have to specify which PIDs the TPP should
deliver, and there are only 32 slots to put PIDs in. Thus, there is no way
to get the full transport stream with FF cards (except if you modify the
hardware).

Regards,
--
Robert Schlabbach