[linux-dvb] Re: Fusion HDTV 3 Gold

> I've had a Mac driver for this card working for some months now. As far as
> linux drivers go, someone on this list had got the analogue input going
> under linux and was working on the digital input ... but I don't know what
> ended up happened with that effort.

Who cares about analog anyway?  :)

> Anyway, the Mac driver source is all in my CVS here:
> <http://www.defyne.org/dvb/> (details near the bottom of the page) for you
> to do with as you wish. It includes code for both the 8VSB mode as well as
> QAM, but so far the QAM code is not linked in as I haven't found anyone
> willing+able to test it.

I had read that the FusionHDTV3 Gold didn't do QAM very well, and I don't have
digital cable (currently).  I really am more interested in finding a QAM card
that supports (ITU J83 Annex B FEC (Opencable FEC Scheme)) and has a CI
interface to work with the "CableCard" which looks like a (Just like ATSC
slightly different from DVB) CAM.. From glancing at the specs it uses the same
pinouts, and the PMT send to the "CableCard" is formatted just a tad
different.. I don't know if we will ever see a card that fits these
descriptions, and I also dont know how the broadcast flag stuff will affect
cable (I dont think it can sicne the FCC isn't able to regulate Cable as far as
I know).

http://www.twrochester.com/products/cablecard.cfm <-- Here is a link to some
information.. You can also get some vague information from cablelabs.com about
this card, but this would allow support of Encrypted Channels.. This could be a
dream of mine..

> Let me know if you need a hand following the architecture - it uses
> Darwin's IOKit, i.e. (embedded) C++ in the kernel.

Will do..

> btw I'm not parsing any ATSC tables in my userspace apps yet ... just
> surviving on MPEG2-TS for now. Who's needs nice channel names anyway ;)

You can always work on porting the myth dvb code over to mac and use what I am
working on, or you can rip out my si parsing code (although you don't want it
yet im sure).. The ATSC portion of the code is far less developed than the DVB
but if I can get a card working I am sure it will catch up quickly..

http://www.digitalregime.com/mythdvb/

Home | Main Index | Thread Index