[linux-dvb] Re: Twinhan CA

On Saturday 27 November 2004 20:18, Johannes Stezenbach wrote:
> Ralph Metzler wrote:
> > Johannes Stezenbach writes:
> >  > My 2¢ on this issue: If the Twinhan CI interface doesn't prevent
> >  > you from sending/receiving raw TPDUs, then we should use that
> >  > and be done with it. There are working solutions (libdvb, vdr)
> >
> > No, you cannot send/receive TPDUs with their cards.
> > There are only some kinds of packets at application layer which
> > can be exchanged.
>
> That's sad :-(

I belive this issue has been raised before, but maybe it's time for the dvb
project to follow in the footsteps of the oss->alsa transition, and make the
dvb drivers tell userspace what features is present, and handle the
differences in a common to all dvb apps (libdvb) library? This might as well
break off some of the pitfalls when the transition from v3 to v4 api takes
place..

Kenneth

Home | Main Index | Thread Index