[linux-dvb] Re: Problems installing dvb_dibusb

On Sat, 27 Nov 2004, M wrote:

As the firmware hasn't been uploaded, the LED on the DVB box doesn't light.
The firmware files, including dvb-dibusb-5.0.0.11.fw are located in
/lib/firmware, which i've linked to /usr/lib/hotplug/firmware.
I've tried installing the latest hotplug scripts, which now gives me a
firmware.agent, but it doesn't seem to help. I'm using kernel 2.6.9 on
Mandrake 9.2.
Check the firmware path. Sometimes it is even /etc/firmware. Have a look in /etc/hotplug/firmware.agent for $FIRMWARE_DIRS.

I don't know mandrake, do you have any other drivers which needs a firmware? Is your hotplug system running correctly?

HTH,
Patrick.

--
Mail: patrick.boettcher@desy.de