[linux-dvb] Re: Problems installing dvb_dibusb

On Saturday 27 Nov 2004 8:05, Patrick Boettcher wrote:
> On Sat, 27 Nov 2004, M wrote:
> > As the firmware hasn't been uploaded, the LED on the DVB box doesn't
> > light. The firmware files, including dvb-dibusb-5.0.0.11.fw are located
> > in /lib/firmware, which i've linked to /usr/lib/hotplug/firmware.
> > I've tried installing the latest hotplug scripts, which now gives me a
> > firmware.agent, but it doesn't seem to help. I'm using kernel 2.6.9 on
> > Mandrake 9.2.
>
> Check the firmware path. Sometimes it is even /etc/firmware. Have a look
> in /etc/hotplug/firmware.agent for $FIRMWARE_DIRS.

Firmware.agent says /usr/lib/hotplug/firmware.

> I don't know mandrake, do you have any other drivers which needs a
> firmware? Is your hotplug system running correctly?

No, I'm afraid I haven't, so I don't know if hotplug is working.

I notice that the only script I have in /etc/hotplug.d/ is
default/default.hotplug. Is this expected?

How does the kernel module know which firmware file to use? Is there a mapping
on my install somewhere that I can check?

Thanks,
- Mart

Home | Main Index | Thread Index