[linux-dvb] Re: Twinhan CA

On Sat November 27 2004 10:32 pm, Ralph Metzler wrote:
> Manu Abraham writes:
>  > The ASIC requires the info as per EN50221 CA PMT list management, plus a
>  > couple of magic words to the MCU. Only PID's and program numbers does
>  > not work with all CAM's. Some CAM's do work. With the CA PMT List
>  > management everything works fine.
>
> Which CAMs have problems and why?

---part of conversation from manufacturer----
If you set only pid's, some CAM's may not work properly.
----snip------------

> Is it when there are CA decriptors at program and ES level and the CAM
> supports both?
>
> Did you get CA_PMT_REPLY working?
I can see the reply word, with my command i get a reply stating reply
length=64, but not reading that though.

>  > I got this verified from the manufacturer.
>  >
>  > > Regarding the CI API we should settle on something common.
>  >
>  > Waiting for how this should be figured out.
>  >
>  > > Currently I am exchanging complete Twinhan style commands with the
>  > > driver via CA_GET/SEND_MSG. Since the Twinhan CI commands send the
>  >
>  > same goes here, wrote a small parser application based on JS's
>  > test_sections and libmpsys.
>  >
>  > > standard En50221 packets minus header and length field plus their own
>  > > header we could also just send those. The driver would just have to
>  > > exchange the headers from standard En50221 to Twinhan and vice versa.
>  > > Or do you want to use extra ioctls like Twinhan does in their API?
>  >
>  > I think the extra ioctl's would be useful, considering the release of
>  > the new
>
> But the new cards should have the identical MCU interface?
Updated ASIC and or firmware, if i'am right. Probably can hope that not much
change in the interface. Keeping my fingers crossed.

>  > CI cards. One more is due in Dec.
>
> The one with separate CI connector?
Don't know the details though.

Manu