[linux-dvb] Re: cinergyT2: which kernel/usb module to use?

Johannes Stezenbach wrote:

Stefan Lucke wrote:

On Freitag, 26. November 2004 19:15, Holger Waechtler wrote:

please try again, I added a fake GET_EVENT implementation.

Perhaps you intended the attached diff. That would fix Johannes reported
endless recursion.

AND it now works with VDR :-))) .

Which VDR? vdr-1.3.17 goes into an endless loop due to the
broken FE_GET_EVENT implementation.

:) the race we have been talking about.

I would hesistate to implement a workaround limiting the number of events (e.g. by a synchronous counter incremented by the wakeup(poll_wq) call and decremented in the ioctl()) since this would just hide application bugs in the future, too and introduce new workarounds in every new driver exposing the same behaviour.

- return cinergyt2_ioctl(inode, file, FE_GET_EVENT,
+ return cinergyt2_ioctl(inode, file, FE_READ_STATUS,

I comitted this before other people crash their boxes, too.

thanks.

Holger

Home | Main Index | Thread Index