[linux-dvb] Problems tuning a wintv nova-t

(If this is not the right forum for this question, I hope someone can at least
point me to the right direction.)

I have a strange problem trying to use a wintv nova-t. I have kernel 2.6.9 with
the 2.6.9-rc4 patch from linux.bytesex.org. Modules load fine and the firmware
is uploaded, I get "DVB: registering new adapter (TT-Budget/WinTV-NOVA-T PCI)"
and "DVB: registering frontend 0 (Philips TDA10045H)".

Then I try to tune the thing:

# dvbtune -f 658000000 -qam 64 -gi 8 -cr 2_3 -bw 8 -tm 8

This works, i get "FE_STATUS: FE_HAS_SIGNAL FE_HAS_LOCK FE_HAS_CARRIER
FE_HAS_VITERBI FE_HAS_SYNC".

If I check # dvbsnoop -s feinfo, I get the right sort of output:

dvbsnoop V1.3.77 -- http://dvbsnoop.sourceforge.net/

Current parameters:
    Frequency:  658000.000 kHz
    Inversion:  OFF
    Bandwidth:  8 MHz
    Stream code rate (hi prio):  FEC 2/3
    Stream code rate (lo prio):  FEC 1/2
    Modulation:  QAM 64
    Transmission mode:  8k mode
    Guard interval:  1/8
    Hierarchy:  none

However, if I run the SAME dvbsnoop command just seconds later, the settings
have gone back to where they were before..

Current parameters:
    Frequency:  658000.000 kHz
    Inversion:  OFF
    Bandwidth:  8 MHz
    Stream code rate (hi prio):  FEC 1/2
    Stream code rate (lo prio):  FEC 1/2
    Modulation:  QPSK
    Transmission mode:  2k mode
    Guard interval:  1/32
    Hierarchy:  none

It seems the correct parameters only "last" for less than 10 seconds. Getting
any kind of data out of the card does not seem to be possible. Any idea what is
going astray here?

Home | Main Index | Thread Index