[linux-dvb] Re: Hauppauge Nova-T Remote Control - Help!

Le lundi 29 novembre 2004 à 23:56 +0000, Tim Ardizzone a écrit :

> I have been trying to get the remote control that came with my Nova-T
> card working with no success.
> If any readers of this list can shed some light on this, I would be most
> grateful. I am really tearing my hair out over this.

Welcome to the club!

I am having some problems with lirc_serial... If your remote is USB then
it _should_ be in /dev/input. The module _should_ load on boot.

If it is a serial remote then you have to patch the kernel with lirc
0.7.x ->. I tried the binary lirc modules with no success. I recompiled
the kernel with lirc patch applied and now irrecord works sort of. But
the software will not link to lircd. I use VDR and the vdr-xine plugin.
I have seen VDR go into remote learning mode once and no matter how hard
I pushed the remote buttons it didn't see the signals...

This all worked perfectly in FC1. So something has changed - udev being
the most visible change when it comes to DVB.

Cheers

Tony Grant

Home | Main Index | Thread Index