[linux-dvb] Re: Twinhan CA

On Tue November 30 2004 1:40 am, Ralph Metzler wrote:
> Manu Abraham writes:
>  > On Sun November 28 2004 6:55 pm, Ralph Metzler wrote:
>  > > Manu Abraham writes:
>  > >  > On Sat November 27 2004 10:32 pm, Ralph Metzler wrote:
>  > >  > > Manu Abraham writes:
>  > >  > >  > The ASIC requires the info as per EN50221 CA PMT list
>  > >  > >  > management, plus a couple of magic words to the MCU. Only
>  > >  > >  > PID's and program numbers does not work with all CAM's. Some
>  > >  > >  > CAM's do work. With the CA PMT List management everything
>  > >  > >  > works fine.
>  > >  > >
>  > >  > > Which CAMs have problems and why?
>  > >  >
>  > >  > ---part of conversation from manufacturer----
>  > >  > If you set only pid's, some CAM's may not work properly.
>  > >  > ----snip------------
>  > >
>  > > And what do they mean with only pids?
>  > > Just the ES level?
>  >
>  > I don't know what exactly they mean.. You ask them one question, they
>  > reply to something else.
>  >
>  > My god, i never communication was that bad. Just because i don't want to
>  > say this public, and hence my private mail. Sorry for any inconvenience
>  > if any.
>
> Yes, it is hard to get useful information out of them. And if they
> send you documentation it is hard to read it.
Half in chinese and half in english is difficult.

> But I think they are really trying now.

Yes, they are trying hard because they need mainline kernel drivers, since
their european customers are demanding for it, and they need a larger market
share.

> Regarding the new VP-1032, I got a sample from them a few weeks ago.
> It looks exactly like the Technisat Skystar 1 CI. It really helps
> that Technisat calls it almost the same as their old Technotrend
> re-sells ...
The firmware is updated, anyway...

> The sample I have has a defect, 18 volts does not work, just 13 volts.
> Twinhan says it was a design flaw of the card. I would guess it is fixed
> now. Right now I am testing with the old CI card but I will see if the
> CI part of the VP-1032 reacts the same.
In CA PMT List management, 0x00, 0x04 and 0x05 also do work, whereas only 0x03
used to work. That is the main difference, plus fixes, the list goes on ...

Manu

> Regards,
> Ralph

Home | Main Index | Thread Index