[linux-dvb] Re: Twinhan CA

On Sun November 28 2004 6:55 pm, Ralph Metzler wrote:
> Manu Abraham writes:
>  > On Sat November 27 2004 10:32 pm, Ralph Metzler wrote:
>  > > Manu Abraham writes:
>  > >  > The ASIC requires the info as per EN50221 CA PMT list management,
>  > >  > plus a couple of magic words to the MCU. Only PID's and program
>  > >  > numbers does not work with all CAM's. Some CAM's do work. With the
>  > >  > CA PMT List management everything works fine.
>  > >
>  > > Which CAMs have problems and why?
>  >
>  > ---part of conversation from manufacturer----
>  > If you set only pid's, some CAM's may not work properly.
>  > ----snip------------
>
> And what do they mean with only pids?
> Just the ES level?

I probably think so. I will check it out anyway.

>  > >  > I think the extra ioctl's would be useful, considering the release
>  > >  > of the new
>  > >
>  > > But the new cards should have the identical MCU interface?
>  >
>  > Updated ASIC and or firmware, if i'am right. Probably can hope that not
>  > much change in the interface. Keeping my fingers crossed.
>
> I think they will keep using it. They even use it in their new USB devices.
I'am pretty sure about that, they have couple of people working on that bridge
to keep it going, they do sublicense it as OEM products, which fairly
diminishes the aspect of dumping it.

But there could be changes in the ASIC and or firmware as the firmware at
present is not great to talk about.

Potential problems could occur when there is a lot of change in the firmware.
Even the timings could change etc...

Manu

> Ralph

Home | Main Index | Thread Index