[linux-dvb] Re: Udev failing to create dvb device nodes

Hello,

First, i think you checked http://fedora.redhat.com/docs/udev/ , but i'm  putting it again, just for the record.

On Mon, 29 Nov 2004 13:14:47 +0100
tony <tony@tgds.net> wrote:

  | Le lundi 29 novembre 2004 à 11:09 +0000, Timothy Miles-Board a écrit :
  |
  | > Granted, I have to type "modprobe cx88-dvb" each time I reboot (havent set
  | > that up to be called automatic yet), but this seems a much more optimistic
  | > outlook than "It won't work on FC3" doesn't it (or is there something more
  | > subtle that I've overlooked - everything seems to work fine with dvbd)?.
  |
  | It needs to work like it does in Suse or Mandrake. i.e. the end user
  | (me) does not have to google over half the planet to find solutions for
  | a problem that translates to "FC3 is a distribution for US users, we
  | don't give a damn about Europeans."
  |
  | FC3 developers don't watch TV so they don't care that DVD in udev is
  | broken. They do spend a lot of time criticising the quality of code in
  | DVB modules though... </rant>
  |
  | Now if you have a solution too for lirc I am all ears (eyes)

Well, here lirc works like a charm with udev

Add the rule below in /etc/udev/rules.d

# cat /etc/udev/rules.d/00-lirc.rules

KERNEL="lirc[0-9]*",	NAME="lirc/%n"

Then you'll find yourself with a /dev/lirc/0.

Check your /etc/lirc/hardware.conf and change the line DEVICE=/dev/lirc to
DEVICE=/dev/lirc/0

Reboot, make sure that your lirc modules are loaded (or set in the kernel), restart lirc and you should be done :)

Thanks,

Philippe

Home | Main Index | Thread Index