[linux-dvb] Re: Udev failing to create dvb device nodes

Le mardi 30 novembre 2004 à 12:10 +0100, Philippe Gramoullé a écrit :

> Well, here lirc works like a charm with udev
>
> Add the rule below in /etc/udev/rules.d
>
> # cat /etc/udev/rules.d/00-lirc.rules
>
> KERNEL="lirc[0-9]*",	NAME="lirc/%n"
>
> Then you'll find yourself with a /dev/lirc/0.
>
> Check your /etc/lirc/hardware.conf and change the line DEVICE=/dev/lirc to
> DEVICE=/dev/lirc/0

Stop! Where did /lirc/hardware.conf come from?

from the doc:

"When you are using devfs or sysfs with your kernel, the /dev/lirc
device node will disappear again once you reboot your machine. In that
case the LIRC kernel module will generate the required entry every time
it is loaded. But the device node won't be visible as /dev/lirc, but
might be located in a different location like e.g. /dev/lirc/0. Please
be aware of this fact when starting programs that access the device node
like mode2 or lircd. You will have to use the --device command line
option of these programs to point them to the correct location. When
using sysfs together with the udev daemon you should copy the lirc.rules
file located in the contrib directory of the source package
to /etc/udev/rules.d/. This will make sure that the device node will be
created."

Having read through the lirc site I would have noticed a file like
this...

When I do modprobe lirc_serial I get /dev/lirc0

Cheers

Tony

Home | Main Index | Thread Index