[linux-dvb] budget hang after EPG scan (Was: Re: cinergyT2: which kernel/usb module to use?)

Andrew de Quincey writes:

 > > kernel: DVB: registering frontend 1 (ST STV0299 DVB-S)... Dec  2 20:47:28 x
 >
 > Ta.
 >
 > OK, does anyone get this problem who is not using an stv0299 in the *budget*
 > cards?

I do.  ves1820 ttpci.

The problem has been there for the whole year (2004), but before (I
think about sep) it happened less frequently (or was due to some other
bug), about every 3-4 days (i.e. several epg scans went on without
problems).  I think the situation changed somewhere between sep 6th
and oct 24th so that the card just stops working in (probably) the
first epg scan.  I do not know whether this was just an old bug and
some race conditions trigger it now more often due to other changes
(like updating vdr) or is it a new bug.

I also have a cvs snapshot from sep 6th and apr 24th on my disk, so I
can check during this weekend whether the problem occurs with that,
too.

And, this problem occurs with two budget cards.  I do not think that
FF/budget makes any difference for the primary card as long as the epg
scan is done on budget ttpci.

I have had problems with the subject line being so irrelevant so that
I might have missed some bugfix.  If so, I would be glad to try one.

yours,
		Jouni

Home | Main Index | Thread Index