[linux-dvb] Re: no pwm entry in sysfs

On Sun, 2005-01-02 at 16:34 +0100, Holger Waechtler wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Heikki Manninen wrote:
>
> >Hello and happy new year 2005.
> >
> >Question: How should I be able to have the pwm entries for Fujitsu-
> >Siemens DVB-C cards in sysfs?
> >

> please fix the PWM value in the EEPROM, it's easy to write a simple
> userspace program or pseudo-i2c-client driver that reprograms the PWM
> byte in the EEPROM. This will solve your problem for all time and you
> even can fix every card in your system seperately.

Thank you for your answer. I've seen your identical comments before on
vdr mailing list and if such a tool was around I'd be happy to use it.
But I must agree with the earlier posters that this should be no reason
for abandoning the possibility to tune the pwm value through the driver.

So, wrong answer to my question: How should I be able to have the pwm
entries for Fujitsu-Siemens DVB-C cards in sysfs?

If there is no such way anymore, please let us know.

--
Heikki M

P.S. I don't think every Joe User of a DVB-C card is going to write a
"simple pseudo-i2c-client" for this..

Home | Main Index | Thread Index