[linux-dvb] Re: TT USB DEC 3000-s

On Mon, Jan 03, 2005 at 05:07:29PM +0000, Alexandre Cardoso wrote:
> I tried it without any other usb devices plugged. And i also tried it in
> both the 3 ports available and the behavior is the same i described
> before. However the error not always happens and i was not able yet to
> find when does it happen. So i do not know how to make the error happen
> again. My first idea was that the error was not the main question
> because it was not happening all the time.

You are right, you would always get this error if it was the main
problem.  I'm not too sure why it comes and goes.

> I thought that the fact that the szap always outputting that the
> frontend is locked even if it does not have a satellite cable plugged
> was the main question. And i am never able to get any data from any
> filter.

The reason it always outputs locked is because I never got around to
figuring out how to read signal strength from the device, so it always
pretends to have a signal.

> For a moment it occurred me that maybe the board was damaged but then i
> tried it in standalone and it worked without problems so, i guess that,
> if there is a hw problem in the board it must be in usb. But also usb
> works when the board is detected.

I'm not so sure, since there have only been a few reports of the 3000s
working, and I don't have the hardware to test it out.  Everything looks
ok to me in the debug output you've provided, though.  The box appears
to be accepting the tuning command and also the section feed commands.
If you use one of the pre-made channels.conf files and szap with the -r
option, do you get any output from the dvr device node?

--
Alex

Home | Main Index | Thread Index