[linux-dvb] Re: dvb-kernel crasher

On Tuesday 04 Jan 2005 11:21, Olaf Titz wrote:
> > Does this crash happen every time you reload the modules, or does it
> > happen after a number of reloads?
>
> It happens the first time I reload the modules.
>
> Incidentally, yesterday I had a similar but less severe situation:
> after the crash I could shut down all DVB related apps and unload all
> DVB drivers. The only one remaining was dvb-core with a usage count of
> 2 or 3 (don't remember exactly). Then I could reload the drivers and
> everything worked again.

OK. And all the dvb devices are definitely closed when you reload the drivers?
(I think you did say that - just making extra sure).

Can you bung some printk()s in dvbdev.c/dvb_device_open() to see exactly where
it is coming from/dump out the relevant struct values? It looks to me like
its somewhere about the first call to fops_get(). If not, I can send you a
quick hacky patch to do it...

Home | Main Index | Thread Index