[linux-dvb] Re: Strange problem with TT budget DVB-C - tuning ok but no data

> Could you please explain what's the exact problem with the current
> solution?
>
> Imho a _more_ complete initialisation of the saa7146 should be done
> when start_ts_capture() is called with budget->feeding==0.
> This would make the budget driver more robust because it could recover
> from failures without loading/unloading the driver.

Current solution is a trial and error solution, run application many
times to open demux and settle when you got it running... bad design
but that's the way 7146 is operating

Failures happen because the BRS initialization code is time-dependent
from reset or other conditions of internal saa7146 state that can't
be simply predicted if the time since 7146 reset is longer than some 10-20ms,
unless we construct a complex rps code that waits for internal events
like BRS_DONE, and other and initialize during inactive states of those
events.

Whatever we choose to do, reset or waiting for events,
I'm talking of developing a reliable initialization procedure,
that needs to be done just once.

Emard

Home | Main Index | Thread Index