[linux-dvb] Re: development for DVB-c cards?

> I don't know the answer to your questions, but QAM256 (and to some degree
> QAM128) is problematic because it requires a very good signal to noise
> ratio. Here in Berlin they didn't even try to use that because the
> cable network is of lower quality (we have QAM64).
>
> It is still possible that the drivers could be improved but it would
> require a developer with access to QAM256 signals...
>
> Johannes
That's true, I don't know, why upc is using QAM256 (bandwidth problem?).
I heard, that other users also have severe problems.

When I use the plugin signal-information I get the following output.
Could anyone plase explain me in short word, what this means?
Maybe I could change some things.

ORF2 (is working just fine)
STR      100%               BER 00080a98          Video 5,91
SNR  eded 92%               UNC 00000001          Audio 183

ATV (I get the last picture from the last channels, sound is "krächzend")
STR  ffff 100%              BER 009514ba          Video 1,71
SNR  e6e7  90%              UNC ffffffff          Audio 64

VOX (no picture no sound)
STR  ffff 100%              BER 00083c70          Video 3,79
SNR  ecec  92%              UNC 00000000          Audio 0

On all the channels, I get also
LOCK SIGNAL CARRIER VITERBI SYNC
in yellow letters

Thanks for any help
Gerhard

1 GB Mailbox bereits in GMX FreeMail http://www.gmx.net/de/go/mail

--
+++ Sparen Sie mit GMX DSL +++ http://www.gmx.net/de/go/dsl
AKTION für Wechsler: DSL-Tarife ab 3,99 EUR/Monat + Startguthaben

Home | Main Index | Thread Index