[linux-dvb] Re: Why no more than 3 PID filters

Delaunay Christophe wrote:
> Since I wanted to play several services from the same transport stream
> to different socket, I tried to use "dmx_pes_filter"s, (one per PID I
> want to play).

Look at dvb-apps/test/test_dvr.c. If that doesn't help then please
post more details (or source code), it's highly non-optimal if we
have to guess what you might be doing wrong.

Note that the current API is somewhat limited in that all DMX_OUT_TS_TAP
packets go to a single dvr device, hence you must post-demux in software
if you want to stream different programs to a different socket.
The V4 API attempts to improve on this (but the public prototype driver
is no necessarily functional).

Johannes

Home | Main Index | Thread Index