[linux-dvb] Re: Demux stops to work when tuning too many time

One way to test this hypothesis would be to modify the driver so
that start_ts_capture() is only called once during initialization,
and never disabled; you will get some invalid data during tuning
but you could determine if start_ts_capture() is the source of the problem.
You can try my approach I used for budgetpatch in
start_ts_capture method from new av7110.c
It only controls DMA and IER bits for start_ts_capture
and only this will keep 7146 happy.
We can approach the hypothesis from the other side,
one could run may opening/closing of the demux in long
loop. IMHO such battery of tests should be designed for
us to have a decent dvb crashme test suite aimed to check
driver stability.
I've found if I ctrl-c modprobe it also sometimes leaves
dvb drivers in rebood-needed state.
A typical symptom of 7146 DMA goes AMOK is that data
flow stops plus a bad side-effect: some files on HD get
corrputed (I've seen that when developing, linux source
suddeny won't compile any more, its files.c/h are trashdumped.
That happened when 7146 bus master DMA with BRS bugs
takes unpredictable RAM area for it's window, or wrongly
remaps its PCI base address

Home | Main Index | Thread Index