[linux-dvb] Re: B2C2 DVB CONFIGURATION ON 2.6.10 KERNEL

I checked the Debian Sarge stuff 2 weeks ago and could not make my skystar 2
run. The problem could be solved by using an older cvs-snapshot from
linux-tv. I do not recommend the following, it contains minor typing bugs in
the scripts/makefile, but it works well and perfectly stable for Skystar2.6c
and KNC-1:

http://www.j-pfennig.de/Aktuell/DVB-src-snapshot-2004_07_09.tgz

By the way: I did not try this snapshot on Debian, I use it with a SuSE 2.6.5
kernel. The KNC-1 works with Debian Sarge out of the box, but you have to
tweak the Debian config a little as the hardware detection (hotplug) loads
the bugdet (or b2c2)  driver but not the stv0299 frontend driver (used by
both cards).

I will support zapdvb for Debian Sarge in future, and because zapdvb comes
with documentation I will provide documentation for Sarge too. Anyhow: zapdvb
currently compiles and runs on Sarge but some of the scripts need work.

Yours Jürgen

Home | Main Index | Thread Index