[linux-dvb] Re: Airstar2 and VHF

Johannes Stezenbach wrote:
> Nico Sabbi wrote:
> > Dieter Zander wrote:
> > >Each channel, 6, 7 or 8 MHz, is using the same cristal clock: 20,48 MHz!
> > >Mode 1 and mode 2 are using cristal clock 20,48 MHz as well as generated
> > >ADC-clock at 20,48 MHz. We are wondering why there is a mode 1, which is
> > >only usable with a 8 MHz bandwidth.
> > >T+D
> >
> > this seems to be in contrast with the informations I have,
> > anyway your patch is working perfectly for me. I hope to see this change
> > in cvs.
>
> I've just comitted it. But I ask myself if there's any downside
> to using the new mode setting for 8MHz channels? Does it take
> longer to lock or is it less reliable? If so, we should adjust
> the mode according to the bandwidth.

So, we tested this patch with KaxTV 0.23.2 and 0.3test. There seemed to
be no difference in lock behavior between using mode 1 or mode 2. And it
seemed to be very reliable, cause KaxTV don't crash so often while
zapping.

The scan with the application scan within the dvb-cvs-package also shows
no difference.

We guess, mode 1 and mode 2 are at least the same except mode1 is using
only 8 MHz bandwidth. We don't know, why there are two modes and for
what someone is needing mode 1.

Greets
Thomas and Dieter

Home | Main Index | Thread Index