[linux-dvb] Re: Twinhan DVB-T, 2.6.10 kernel, and udev - whereto start?!

linuxtv@whitear.org wrote:
Try it with my patches, even i was seeing lot of errors when i
upgraded

to the new CVS after a long period of time.. and that was the reason i
made those patches ..

That should probably solve your problem, if your card has not been
fried

up..
I'm a CVS newbie - if I check out a current CVS, will your patch apply
against that, and should I also use a recent bttv snapshot?
Let me check up as i have not committed the patches yet..
I am fixing up some bugs ...

Hi,

I'm still having trouble with my VisionPlus card. I've taken a checkout of
dvb-kernel cvs today, and downloaded a video4linux snapshot from yesterday.

I still have (what I think is) the correct kernel config, i.e. I'm building
the dvb drivers as modules. I've run makelinks from the dvb-kernel source,
and rebuilt my kernel (vanilla 2.6.10.) Then I've built and installed the
bttv driver.

Lspci sees the card just fine. Udev doesn't populate /dev properly, so I've
I have not tried out with udev, but some people have got the udev rules correctly.

run MAKEDEV. When I modprobe bttv with or without specifying the card, the
machine locks up hard.
You have to specify card=0x71 i2c_hw=1

Any ideas? I would greatly appreciate your help getting this working. It
used to work OK until I went to 2.6.10/udev, although the signal has never
been as good as it is under Windows :(
It does not matter whether you have Windows, Linux or Solaris. Signal strength is independent of OS. What you see under Windows is a gimmick, ie, if there is a channel lock, show display bar > 80%. that's all in the strength inicator, even though under Linux, we don't have a graduated scale, to show the actual strength. Nothing to get upset.

I have not tried with 2.6.10, still on 2.6.9 due to certain development/fixing stage at the moment.

Manu

Home | Main Index | Thread Index