From: Stefan Sassenberg [mailto:stefan.sassenberg@gmx.de]
Sent: Sunday, January 16, 2005 12:11 AM
To: Andreaz@t-online.de
Cc: linux-dvb
Subject: Re: [linux-dvb] dvb-bt8xx: A frontend driver was not found...

Hello Andreas,

I don't know which <M>s are actually necessary, but in the kernel config
I marked  all of the DVB-T frontends to be compiled as module.

Are you sure the right driver is mt352? The
Documentation/dvb/avermedia.txt says:

"The Frontend of the Avermedia DVB-T is a Microtune 7202D. A timely post
  to  the  linux-dvb  mailing  list  ascertained  that the Microtune
7202D  is  supported  by the sp887x driver which is found in the dvb-hw
CVS module."

Regards

Stefan

Andreas Witte wrote:
> Hello List,
>
> my first try with a 2.6.10-kernel and my Aver 771 dvb-t card...
>
> All from the bttv-stuff loads fine. Also all of the frontend-modules.
> The thing is i get the error message:
>
> dvb-bt8xx: A frontend driver was not found for device 109e/0878 subsystem
> 1461/0771
> DVB: registering new adapter (bttv0).
>
> So, no frontend-device is available.
> The right frontend-driver is the mt352.
>
> CVS-Grab from today. video4linux shipped with kernel.
>
> Any idead? Im stuck here...
>
> Thanks for help,
> Andreas

Home | Main Index | Thread Index