[linux-dvb] good day, newbie questions about linux dvb api for embedded systemand MHP

Hi, all

I am new to the world of DVB, Linux TV/DVB API and this mailing list as well. I've been surfing for some time, and it turns out that the Linux DVB API so far only works for PCs with DVB PCI card(and dbox2? I am not living in EU,so have no idea about this box).

I've read the Linux DVB API 4 slides. It mentions the Linux DVB API for embedded system but without details. What I mean embedded system is STB powered by SOC chips, e.g. chips from STM. Is there any kind of plan to make Linux DVB API universal for all these kind of embedded platforms that has hardware decoders(maybe software decoder eventulaly)? Then a consistent interface can be utilised by application level software. If it is so, is possible to also build middlewares(MHP for example) upon this kind of universal API for linux platform to ease the pain of porting.

Thanks,
Li Xinyi

Home | Main Index | Thread Index