[linux-dvb] Re: AverMedia 771 DVB-T

Dear Hamish & Dick,

Thankyou so much for your help - my Avermedia 771 card is now working under Fedora Core 3 and the latest RedHat kernel 2.6.10-1.737_FC3 (obtained through apt-get). I cannot believe that it could have been so simple !

For anyone else reading this thread -

1. Install & then update Fecora Core 3 using apt-get
2. Reboot to ensure the new kernel is in place
3. Unload (rmmod) any modules to do with bt878, dvb, dvb_core, dvb_bt8xx, tuner etc
3. Run the MAKEDEV script from dvb-kernel source (creates /devdvb/.....)
4. Load the module dvb_bt8xx
5. Enjoy !

Best regards,

Matthew

Hamish Moffatt <hamish@cloud.net.au>

31/01/2005 12:59

Matthew.Quinney@hollandandholland.com
cc
dick@lingbrae.com, linux-dvb@linuxtv.org, linux-dvb-bounce@linuxtv.org
Subject
Re: [linux-dvb] Re: AverMedia 771 DVB-T

On Mon, Jan 31, 2005 at 12:54:05PM +0000, Matthew.Quinney@hollandandholland.com wrote:
> Dick Middleton <dick@lingbrae.com> wrote:
> > Hamish Moffatt wrote:
> >
> > > The Kconfig file takes care of including the modules that dvb-bt8xx
> > > depends upon. The exception is the nxt6000 module which you need to
> > > select manually; that's a bug in 2.6.10 which is already fixed in DVB
> > > CVS.
> >
> > Ahh - I did wonder.  I'll get there in the end - I'm just taking the
> > long way round :-)
>
> Please excuse my ignorance - what is the Kconfig ? Is it an abbreviation ?

It's part of the kernel source build scripts. The information in the
Kconfig files spread around the kernel source tree make up the options
you see when you run 'make menuconfig', xconfig, gconfig etc and also
specify the dependencies between the modules.

The dependencies ensure that when you select the dvb-bt8xx driver,
you also get the relevant frontends (mt352, sp887x, nxt6000 etc).
Also you get the bt878 and bttv modules which dvb-bt8xx also requires.

Hamish

This e-mail has been scanned for viruses by the uuNet Internet Managed Scanning Service - powered by MessageLabs.

Home | Main Index | Thread Index