[linux-dvb] Re: AverMedia 771 DVB-T

Dear Olaf,

Thanks for your mail. I updated the version of udev but it does not make device nodes :

[root@aries ~]# rpm -qa | grep udev
udev-039-10.FC3.6
[root@aries ~]# ls -l /dev/dvb
crw-------  1 root root 212, 7 Feb  1 09:10 /dev/dvb

I've got so much further than before - running a script is no problem !

Thankyou though,

Matthew

Olaf Bauer <olafbauer@freenet.de>
Sent by: linux-dvb-bounce@linuxtv.org

01/02/2005 08:49

linux-dvb@linuxtv.org
cc
Subject
[linux-dvb] Re: AverMedia 771 DVB-T

> 1. Install & then update Fecora Core 3 using apt-get
> 2. Reboot to ensure the new kernel is in place
> 3. Unload (rmmod) any modules to do with bt878, dvb, dvb_core, dvb_bt8xx,
> tuner etc
> 3. Run the MAKEDEV script from dvb-kernel source (creates /devdvb/.....)
> 4. Load the module dvb_bt8xx
> 5. Enjoy !

Hi,

you may also try an update of the package udev instead of running MAKEDEV.
Latest version, udev-039-10.FC3.6, has dvb support and should create the
device nodes as required. At least this works for me.

Regards
Olaf

This e-mail has been scanned for viruses by the uuNet Internet Managed Scanning Service - powered by MessageLabs.

Home | Main Index | Thread Index