----------------------------------

Olaf Bauer <olafbauer@freenet.de>
Sent by: linux-dvb-bounce@linuxtv.org

01/02/2005 09:56

linux-dvb@linuxtv.org
cc
Subject
[linux-dvb] Re: AverMedia 771 DVB-T

> Thanks for your mail. I updated the version of udev but it does not make
> device nodes :
>
> [root@aries ~]# rpm -qa | grep udev
> udev-039-10.FC3.6
> [root@aries ~]# ls -l /dev/dvb
> crw-------  1 root root 212, 7 Feb  1 09:10 /dev/dvb
>
> I've got so much further than before - running a script is no problem !

Okay, but just let me add that I had the same problem with udev and solved it
by first loading dvb_core and then (a few seconds later) loading dvb_bt8xx.
Otherwise /dev/dvb becomes a node instead of a directory (I have no idea
why, looks like udev needs a specific order of module loading to react
properly).

Olaf

This e-mail has been scanned for viruses by the uuNet Internet Managed Scanning Service - powered by MessageLabs.

Home | Main Index | Thread Index