[linux-dvb] Re: Siemens DVB-C, MSP3400 I2C adressing problem

Anders Gunnarsson wrote:

Hello all,

Since my my siemens analog module is one of those who don't like to be recognised i decided to give some time to check why.

The funny thing that happened when I installed the module on the card this time, was that it was recognised and could controll the volume (the function I want to get started). When I reloaded the driver modules the analog-module wasn't recognised and has not been since then. I've tested drivers from 20031013 to latest 2.4 from the cvs.
I can also add that the analog-module worked under WinXP without problem, both audio & video.

From what I've seen so far the MSP3400 is not adressable over the I2C-bus, I get return-code -121 for read and write to id 80 (84 & 88 should not work but I've tested them as well).
The saa7113, also on the analog-module, is however adressable, so no problem with the I2C-bus there.

Any ideas to what could be causing this problem, when it works first time after mounted on the card and then not? I guess it should work also if the power is disconnected for some time.

I would also like to get any sort of helpful information on the card, like: how the MSP is connected to other components on the card, how the I2C is adressed from the drivers, logs from windows drivers, possible tests to do, etc...

/Anders

System:
Fujitsu Ergo-X PII-266, 192MB ram
Siemens DVB-C rev 1.5
Suse 9.0
As I suspected earlier the analog-module works fine the first time the the computer is started after beeing out of power for a while. After the driver modules are removed and the inserted again it's not recognised.
The MSP3400 must be left in some state where it's not accessible over the I2C-bus anymore when the driver modules are removed and/or reloaded. Since the power-off needs to be long for the MSP (or whichever component that causes this) to reset I havn't been able to try more.

Any ideas to what might happen that causes this? Does anyone know if the MSP standby-pin is hardwired or controllable from another component?

/Anders

Home | Main Index | Thread Index